OK so yesterday I pulled the wheels from the FJR and tossed them in the back of the Excursion.
Today we broke in the new No-Mar Tire changer.
Dad had already unpacked it an put it together by the time I go there. We have it temporarily mounted to a 3/4 sheet of plywood and that worked out pretty well.
If we ever figure out a permanent home for it we’ll permanently mount it 😉
We started with the rear tire and took our time. I brought my laptop so we could watch the DVD as many times as needed.
And we needed too…
This tire changing thing is an art, that’s for sure, there are tricks and stuff to getting it just right.
We struggled quite a bit with the rear. Mostly because (a) we didn’t use enough lube, and (b) the FJR’s rear rim is very shallow. But none the less we did get it off without breaking any knuckles nor a single cuss word was uttered. That’s a good thing.
The front came off and went on very very easily.
So far this no-mar thing is a good thing, today I saved between $50 and $100 by mounting my own tires. It won’t take too many times to cover this cost of the machine 🙂