Matthew A. Disher
work email: email@example.com
personal email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CIO – Cloud / Security / Zero Trust Evangelist
“Enabling network transformation” and helping Zscaler national partners deliver value with Zscaler technologies.
There are a lot of vendors tossing around network transformation, SASE, SSE, and Zero Trust buzzwords these days. Some of them, mostly hardware vendors, struggle to find a place to play in the software and network as a-service world. Zscaler is leading that transformation, and I’m very excited to be part of that.
Anyone that is talking to you about a hybrid-cloud solution is only doing so because they don’t have what’s required to fully cloud-enable you or your organization.
“There is only one reason to make a hybrid car, and that is because your electric car sucks.” – Elon Musk
If you’re ready to take your security, infrastructure, and user experience to the next level, let’s discuss it.
“Making Networking Great Again!” with Juniper Networks, covering named/major accounts in Ohio, and Kentucky, with a few in Pittsburgh as a pre-sales systems engineer.
CIO of Seapine Software, Inc. (now a Perforce company), where we made ALM Great Again.
(Please drop me a note below or email me directly (email@example.com) for an up-to-date resume).
If you have a need for someone like me and the position you have is more challenging than the one I’m in now, then let’s have that conversation.
CIO /IT Professional Profile:
- Focused on user and application security over network security.
- Cloud transformation.
- Global experience, building offices in the UK, and Munich, Germany. Consultants in APAC and South Africa.
- Broad IT and industry knowledge, able to ramp up quickly in any specific area.
- Focus on hiring, training, and retention. Helping those that are willing and able to be ready. Helping mentor those that are willing and ready to be able, and motivating those who are able and ready to be willing.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills.
- I tend to be very passionate about my tasks and endeavor to lead by example.
- 35+ years and counting in Information Technology and Software Development.
- Experienced in small to medium-sized organizations, including start-up companies.
- Zero Trust, it’s more than just “Least Privileged Access”.
- SASE, SSE
- IT Security Transformation, Local Branch Breakout (SD-Wan)
- Cloud, Cloud Technologies, Cloud Security.
- Juniper Networks’ broad suite of products with a primary focus on security, followed by switching and routing. SRX/vSRX/EX/QFX/MX and Junos Automation.
Junos Space and Security Director.
- (If you’re still using this we should certainly talk)
- Juniper, JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCDA, JNCDA-DC
- Most Microsoft technologies and infrastructures including Active Directory, Exchange, and Microsoft SQL Server (now O365)
- Virtualization, both VMWare and Hyper-V
- Operating systems: Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
- Programming: C/C++, PHP, VB, light .Net C#, python.
- Cisco IOS, routing, switching and security.
- SQL, SQL Reporting, and Business Intelligence.
- ALM Tools (Specifically Seapine tools).
- Web Technologies: html, css, php, apache, IIS, mysql, hosting.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Technologies with a side of AWS.
- Google Compute Platform (GCP)
- Multi-Rotors, Quadcopters and UAV’s
- Golf and the occasional game of racquetball.
- Motorcycling, Sport-Touring, and Endurance riding specifically.
- SCUBA, not much beats a Caribbean SCUBA vacation.
- Natural Horsemanship.
- Competition speed shooting. (Steel Challenge/GSSF)
- Beating my sons at PS5 games (both of them).
- Watching and supporting my daughters as they grow into fine young women.
- Just about anything, IT-related, but no I won’t fix your personal computer.
- Sacking out in the hammock with my dogs; Monty (RIP), Ellie, and Emma.
- All forms of Racing (NASCAR/Motocross/Race-to-Dakar, Isle of Mann)
Matt Disher’s Facebook Profile