(Back in late February 2018)
Matthew: Hey Dad!, You know that dirtbike in the barn?
Me: Yes, the one you’re not supposed to mess with?
Matthew: Yeah that one. I haven’t been messing with it.
Me: OK, what about it?
Matthew: If fits me now.
Me: How would you know that?
Matthew: I might have sat on it a couple times.
Me: Uh Huh…
Matthew: It’s just my size, but the tires are flat, we can fix that, and it needs new stickers and I think the brake are frozen cause I can’t roll it very well. I mean it rolls but not very well.
Fast forward to today:
Had a little work to do:
- Carb rebuild kit: $30 (or I could just buy one for $23) so that’s what I did.
- Air Filter, it’s no longer a home for Mr. Mouse.
- New Plug
- Oil Change
- Cleaned out the tank (lots of crap in there).
- Cleaned out new carb (yes in that order).
- New petcock and fuel line
- New brakes front/rear (it stops now).
Ready to ride.
In the meantime, I picked up this for myself:
KDX200 2-Smoke of near equal vintage. I had a 220 previously. I should be able to follow him around on this. 🙂
Looking forward to some summer fun this year 😀
I drummed up some LEGACY web content from the pre-blog days. Believe it or not people are still searching for some of it on this site now and then.
All my X-dirtbike trip reports, and maintenance and mods for KDX are back here: Super-Legacy-KDX-And-General-Dirtbike-Content