Fieldsheer Highland Suit Review
I bought one of these last year, the 04 model, closeout. I don’t see any difference between the 04 and the 05 model.
This suit appears to be a good value for what you pay. But just so you know what you’re getting into.
- It’s heavy
- It’s WARM, very, very warm. For me it’s winter like gear, even without the thermal insulating layer, which I removed from day one. I can’t wear this if it’s warmer than 60 degrees out. Even then I’m sweating just standing around. 70 degrees and it’s unbearable
- It has basically no collar, or the collar is so short it offers little to no neck protection. It also catches or allows lots of wind in if you leave the top flap open and swells up like a balloon.
- Water proof? Who are you kidding? In light rain sure, but not in a good rain, no. My crotch area got soaking wet. No good.
- A little cumbersome to get in and out of, but you can master that pretty quickly
- Vents are not good, only two across the shoulders, it needs vents in the arms and legs, this would help with how hot it is.
For $200 or so as a closeout it’s still a good deal for cold weather gear. But as an all around, no way. Save your dough for ‘Stitch Apparel’ Aerostitch